Our team of elves has been hard at work crafting high quality, original piano/voice editions of countertenor appropriate arias. This project is central to our mission, and these crisp and clean scores incorporate a number of singer-friendly innovations (including an ossia stave for working out your ornaments). We are excited to announce the titles that will be offered in our initial release (which we expect to be online and available for purchase by January the 15th).
By George Frideric Handel:
- From Giulio Cesare in Egitto (HWV 17)
- Empio, dirò, tu sei (Cesare)
- Non è si vago e bello (Cesare)
- Presti omai l’Egizia terra (Cesare)
- Se in fiorito (Cesare)
- Va tacito (Cesare)
- Svegliatevi nel core (Sesto)
- L’empio, sleale, indegno (Tolomeo)
By Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
- From Mitridate, Re di Ponto (K. 87)
- Venga pur (Farnace)
- Va, va, l’error mio palesa (Farnace)
By Johann Sebastian Bach:
- Agnus Dei from the Mass in B-Minor (BWV 232)
With this initial offering, we deliver a slice of the standard countertenor repertory by Handel and Bach. We will focus on a different Handel opera every month and continue to work through the standard sacred oratorios. We also provide two arias from Mitridate, Re di Ponto, an early Mozart opera in the opera-seria style. These arias, while a bit lengthy for auditions, can make wonderful competition pieces when ornamented.
We hope you are excited about this as we are! See you on the 15th.
~The Counterpoints Publishing Staff